Enigma. The Enigma was an advanced encryption machine developed in Germany after the First World War. It was used by all branches of the German military as their primary device for secure wireless communications until the end of the Second World War. The most complex Enigma type was used by the German Navy, most notably during U-boat operations.
2012 Annual Christmas Appreciation Reception
Thank you to the following local individuals and organizations for their generous donations in support of our volunteers!
- Marilyn Settles, Potter
- The Beehive
- The Candy Kid
- Pantry Pup
- Wild Rose Brewery
- Rocky Mountain Soap Company
Benefits of Volunteering
- Receive free admission to the museum, lecture series, and select special events.
- Receive free individual annual membership to The Military Museums after three months of continued service.
- Receive Volunteer Recognition, including an invitation to annual recognition events and nomination for community awards.
- Receive professional training in a team-oriented environment.
- Meet like-minded people from your community as well as fellow Canadians.
- Learn and share stories about Canadian military history and the military's contributions to Canada's Heritage.
- Be a part of the programs and activities at Western Canada's largest military museum.
Become a Volunteer
If you are interested in volunteering at The Military Museums
- Submit a completed volunteer application form
- Attend an interview
- Participate in a volunteer orientation session
A police information check is required of all volunteers. Volunteers must adhere to the TMM Code of Conduct.
||Each year, especially during Remembrance, serving and retired military personnel volunteer their time as outreach speakers, reaching tens of thousands of school children.
||As a museum host you will be working with the public and providing exceptional service greeting visitors and giving occasional tours. Host shifts are Monday - Sunday, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM and may include some evening tours. Interest in military history is an asset.
||As a Gallery Guide you will be working as a part of a team and giving tours through the galleries and answering questions about Canada's military history. Military experience is an asset, but not required.
|Education and Interpretive Programs
||The Military Museums offers a variety programs for the public and children in grades K to 12; therefore, we require volunteers who are interested in working with diverse age groups.
||We need volunteers to assist with registration and bar duties during our Thursday evening lectures.
||The Military Museums hosts many events including lectures, dinners, seasonal events, and exhibitions. We need volunteers to help with bar duties, reception, setup, and cleanup.